Friday, September 22, 2006

WCB 68

Hello all and welcome to Weekend Cat Blogging 68! Clare is still MIA, so Bonnie and I have been trying to hold it all together, but we need your help! The lovely Sanjee and Robyn from The House of (Mostly) Black cats are hosting next week, so we need volunteers for the WCB's during the month of October.

Who out there is feline enough to step up to the plate and round up, up, up, and out of the park?!?!?

Let's get some volunteers!


Meanwhile, in OTHER news, Today is my 27th birthday! Or, as I prefer to put it, It's the third anniversary of my 24th birthday! Hubby is taking me out to a LA hotspot called KOI for some food and hopefully celebrity watching. Tiggy helped me celebrate by waking me up with a kitty-back massage. Really, she kneaded me all over my sore back, which was totally appreciated. Hubby came home early from work with a beautiful floral arrangement, which of course I had to share with Tiggy:

She nearly singed her whiskers there!

And I made a cake for myself:

It's vanilla sponge cake with almond buttercream filling and raspberry jam. YUM!
I also got a new camera and a kick-butt beligum waffle maker (more on that later).
BUT the best present of all was a phone call from my best friend from Grade 8, Nikkel Carrera. We haven't talked in about 14 years, so it was great to catch up and an amazing birthday surprise. Hi Nikkel!

Enough about ME- let's get the round-up happening.

Pay a visit to The House of Mostly Black c Cats to check out how Beeyootiful Sanjee's sisters are!

A great big fluffy thanks to The House of Mostly Black Cats and The Cat Blogosphere for helping us get the word out!

Drop by Jelly Pizza to voice your support for a feline representative in the United Nations. STAND UP AND PURR!!!!!

Bustopher and Harmon 'help' Kate in the kitchen.

Rosa has a soft spot in her heart for lonely kitty Felix.

D shows off Boot's and Tess' baby pictures at The Hidden Paw.

Check out FarmGirl's page to see a great portrait of Patchy Cat.

KuDin shows us a few great pics of the neighborhood Kitties.


Riana
is very daring to try to sling a cat....

Upsie gets a new toy and a heavy-duty brushin' over at what did you eat.

Boo checks in with adopted beauty Ginny at masak-masak.

Ike and Abe are only interested in FILTERED water, thank you very much.


EXTREME CLOSE UP
of Aggie at kayaksoup.

Kamakaze has become very protective of his veggies at igot2shoes.

Boo knows exactly what her owner needs at Tales from Pixie Wood.

Visit Chilli, Amber, Scarlett and Sally at Miss Ellie's Page.

More beautiful street cats at catsynth!

Kelly
gets a "Glamour Shots" makeover at Anne's food. She is so pretty!

Check out adoptable Rocky Road at Scamperdude.

Visit Lali at Lali et Cie for a portrait of her beautiful black cat.

Ramona at Kross-eyed Kitty has a close-up or Mr. Mao to share.

Visit Haley and Maggie at Ang's little blog spot and welcome them to WCB!

KitchenMage is growing pots of Gray Fluffballs and Snakes on the walkway!

Kimberley tells us Sasha's nicknames at Music and Cats. Tiggy's are: Tigs, Tiggy-Tig, Tiger cat, and Prow (for the sound of her 'meow').

UPDATE: That seems to be it all for WCB this week, but if I get any more entires I will of course post them up. Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes, I had a lot of fun spending time with my husband who I can't get enough of.

As for the upcoming WCB's, I have compiled a schedule of all the people who were so kind to volunteer. Let me know if there is any problems with it:

THE SCHEDULE HAS BEEN UPDATED!
September 30- Sanjee and Robyn at House of mostly Black Cats.
October 7- D at The Hidden Paw
October 14- Rosa from Rosa's Yummy yums
October 21- Jelly from I Got 2 Shoes.
October 28- Linda from Kayak Soup.
November 4- Lali from Lali et Cie.
November 11- Up for Grabs
November 18- Amar at Catsynth.

Thanks again to everyone who volunteered.

32 comments:

Hot(M)BC said...

Fanks for doin WCB this week! We'll do it next week when the cat staff's wristies are allllll better. :)

Here's our linky!
http://catsnmom.blogspot.com/2006/09/beeyootiful-sisfurs.html

Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Hot(M)BC said...

Here's the link for the post at the Cat Blogosphere site:

http://catblogosphere.blogspot.com/2006/09/callin-all-cats.html

whaleshaman said...

the entire cat nation thanks you!

Jelly Pizza: Did Anybody Else Notice...

D said...

Hey Sarah,

I'm still recovering from my presentation yesterday and thus haven't posted a WCB entry yet, but I just wanted to let you know that Boots, Tess and I are willing to host the WCB the weekend of the 7th. Let me know if that works, else put me down for any weekend in October.

Thanks for hosting this week. It is much appreciated.
D

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for hosting again.
In honor of Stephen King's birthday this past Thursday, the cats are celebrating and are hoping they get adopted. http://misselliespage.blogspot.com/2006/09/mona-lisa-and-dante-celebrate-stephen.html
Take care.
Bonnie in Virginia at the No-Kill Shelter in Charlottesville
danbonnie1@adelphia.net

Anonymous said...

The cats have a way of 'helping' that isn't always what they think


http://cooknkate.wordpress.com/2006/09/22/wcb68-clean-up-time/

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Happy Birthday ;-)!

Thanks for hosting this week's WCB.

Here's my link:
http://rosas-yummy-yums.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging-68.html

Have a very nice weekend!

Best regards,

Rosa

D said...

Hey Sarah,

I've finally gotten around to writing a post. Here's the link http://forthejunta.blogspot.com/2006/09/baby-pictures.html

Thanks for hosting and let me know when to host. I discussed it with Boots and Tess and they are excited about it ;-)

D said...

P.S.: Happy Birthday. I turned 27 earlier this year and I totally get your comment about it being "the third anniversary of the 24th birthday"!!! Enjoy your evening at KOI.

Farmgirl Susan said...

Thanks for hosting WCB this week! Here's our entry from FarmgirlFare.com:

Patchy Cat was jealous of New Cat's recent portrait and demanded one of him, and since you don't want to make the Farm Boss mad. . .

http://foodiefarmgirl.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging-68.html

Have a great weekend!
Farmgirl & Farm Boss Patchy Cat

Farmgirl Susan said...

Oh my goodness. I had this post up from this morning and the new additions didn't show up until after I'd published my comment.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

And I want that cake! It's absolutely gorgeous, and I bet it tastes as good as it looks (or better). And I don't want just a little sliver, I'd like the entire thing please. : )

Khairudin Yaacob said...

here's my second entry... siti and the neighbour cat O.C

http://niduk.blogdrive.com/archive/9.html

Riana Lagarde said...

Happy birthday!!!! KOI is soooo good!! You will love it.

Here is how to Sling a cat...
http://frenchtoastfrance.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging-how-to-sling-cat.html

Thanks for hosting too!!!
RIana and Lucky

boo_licious said...

Happy Birthday!!! Tiggy is so curious abt the flowers. Here's my ginger rep for this weekend:

http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging-wcb-68.html

Lisa the Waitress said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks incredible!

I will volunteer to host but it might take me all Friday, Saturday and Sunday to get links up because I work Fridays and Saturdays. You can e-mail me if you'd like me to do it.

Here are my kitties for the week:
http://www.restaurantwidow.com/2006/09/weekend_cat_blo_2.html

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!
I would be happy to volunteer hosting services at any time. Just let me know the when!

http://kayaksoup.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging.html

Jelly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Mine was earlier in the week!
Hope yours is as wonderful as that CAKE looks - YUM!!!
Here's Kamikaze bogarting his carrot.
http://igot2shoes.blogspot.com/2006/09/wcb-68-my-carrot.html
I'd be happy to host as well, I let Bonnie know via e-mail last night. Let me know when and I'm in!

Anonymous said...

Hello again!

A pal of mine in England would like to join WCB for the first time but is up to her eyeballs in a mashed potato testing, LOL, so I offered to leave you her entry. Actually, I said she HAD to join this week because her photo is absolutely wonderful (and very unique)! : )

Hope you like it:

blog: Tales From Pixie Wood
blogger: Cherry
cat: Boo (aka My Angel)

permalink: http://talesfrompixiewood.typepad.com/weblog/2006/09/she_just_seemed.html

Thanks so much! Hope you're enjoying the weekend despite being overrun with cats! : )

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Permalink for Tales From Pixie Wood entry chopped off at end.

Click here! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah-

Thanks for hosting again this week. I'd be more than happy to host again in October!
Meanwhile, here's our entry for this weekend:

http://www.ptank.com/catsynth/index.php?entry=entry060923-144103

-Amar

Anonymous said...

Oops, looks like my URL might have gotten chopped as well. Click
here for the permalink.
-A

Anne said...

Happy birthday!! Wow, the cake looks great! :) Here's Kelly this week:
http://annesfood.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging-kelly-painted.html

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah.
Enjoy your youth.
Thank you for hosting WCB #68.
Glad to learn you are from Cananda and so is Jelly from "I Got 2 Shoes", and also you both celebrate birthdays only one week apart.
Tiggy really is wishing you a great birthday, and that picture is terrific.
That cake you made looks scrumptous!
Hope your night at the fine restaurant was excellent.
It sounds like we have some volunteers lined up to host future WCB.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, Dear Sarah.
Happy Birthday to you.
And many, many more to come.
Love,
Bonnie in Virginia

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Sarah,
Could you please add this link http://scamperdude.blogspot.com/2006/02/rocky-road-18468-special-needs-siamese.html for Feline Foster Mom Ellen from ScamperDude because Ellen and her husband have adopted Rocky Road after many, many months of fostering and rehabilitating her thru a tough illness. Rocky Road is a special-needs, beautiful cat, but Ellen did not think she would get adopted and they really love Rocky Road.
Thank you.
Ellen and Rocky Road say Happy Birthday too.
Bonnie in Virginia

Anonymous said...

Waouh!! What a yummy cake! Happy birthday to you, it is dificult after 25, I agree!
I can host in november only, if you need it, maybe the first week end of the month?
Here my link:
http://lalietcie.canalblog.com/archives/2006/09/24/2749527.html#

Ramona said...

Ooops! I thought I had commented yesterday, but I guess it didn't post right.
Happy Birthday! And thanks again for hosting WCB!
Your birthday cake looks absolutely beautiful.
Mr. Mao would love to help Tiggy blow out your candles (if he can get his sleepy head out of his basket!)

Ramona said...

Ooops Again!
Here is my link!
http://mayedecember.blogspot.com/2006/09/wcb-68.html

Anonymous said...

You certainly have a talent for decorating cakes, color me super impressed!

Happy Bday. :)

Ari

Angie, Robert & Stephen said...

Here's my first cat blogging attempt. I got the idea from my best friend Heather who WCB's too.

Ang

http://mycaringhands.blogspot.com/2006/09/weekend-cat-blogging.html

kitchenmage said...

screeches in towards the end of sunday, late as usual

Here ya go: lazy kittens in late summer...

Anonymous said...

Late late late to get a link in:
Feline Friday: The nicknaming of cats

Anonymous said...

tiggy tiggy, you look so cute next to that cake. i bet you like the frosting huh? happy birthday sarah!